Sunday, March 13, 2011

Grandpa Dearden's 80th

On February 24th, my Grandpa Dearden turned 80 years old! We celebrated with a big family/friend party at the Fire Station (this is where big parties meet where I am from). We had every single person in my mom's side there that day, which hasn't happened it a long time. Unfortunately, no picture of the whole side together but we did get some of some of the families.

My grandpa is one of the sweetest men I know. He is a great example to me and has an amazing work ethic. I hope to be like him someday. He is constantly patient and rarely do I hear a negative word. One of his friends said something in tribute to my grandpa that I thought was pretty neat. In Henefer, a lot of the men have/had sheep ranches. My grandpa was one of them. This friend of his said that often sheep bring out the worst in people, meaning that there is a lot of cussing. He said the worst thing he has ever heard my grandpa say is "George". I think it goes to show how patient he really is... I always remember that being my grandpa's word, haha, my little 2-year-old cousin even says it now because he hears Grandpa saying it.

It was an awesome day to celebrate a special grandpa!

Above is my whole immediate family with my grandparents.
Below shows my grandparents with all four of their kids
Above: Will on Great-Great Grandpa Dearden's saddle
Below: Ethan on same saddle

Kambree on Great-Grandpa Dearden's saddle




My Grandparents oldest son and all of his family (I didn't get a family of the other 2 kids and their families dang it).


This is the display my mom set up with pictures of my grandpa's life. In the middle are his shaps.

Grandpa and his brother Ken


The theme was sheep so I had the perfect bib for Rylee :)

2 comments:

Karalee said...

I agree. Grandpa is one of the most patient, soft spoken people I know. It was so good to get together with everyone and celebrate him. And I think it's adorable how Ethan just follows him around and wants to be like him. We're lucky to have such a great Grandpa!

Sara Waldron said...

Your grandpa sounds like a great guy- what a fun way to celebrate a birthday with him! Your kids are looking old- we need to get together!