The rest of the summer has been busy. Carson had an organic chemistry course (accelerated in two block classes - crazy!) and so us girls had a lot of time to hang out together. We brought him along when we could get him.
One night we decided to take the girls to the drive-in to see Madagascar 3. We wanted to make sure we got a good view and it was a Friday night so we figured they would be busy. We got there at 7:30 and the movie doesn't start until 9:30. Ughh...we decided to never take an 18-month-old to the drive-in again.
Below is Carson's face showing how happy he was to be there...
The next few pictures are of Rylee's first day Sunday in nursery. At first she was a little nervous but I think it helped to have Kambree in there with her and now she just runs right in.
I came home from grocery shopping one evening and found that Carson had dressed the girls in his t-shirts. They thought it was so awesome and got to sleep in them. Kids are so easily entertained:)
Below Carson really is asleep, you can tell Kambree is faking, and Rylee has too much energy to even try and fake...she is crazy!
This is what happens when you give Rylee a Snack Pack...she really loved it!
For Carson's work party this summer they took us to Lagoon for the day with lunch all for free! We had fun taking the kids on all the rides. I was surprised that Kambree was the brave one. Rylee would only go on the ride if we were with her and even then she was pretty nervous. It was fun to see Kambree enjoy it so much.
We had to wear these "cute" shirts to get our lunch...;)
This was where Rylee sat for most of the day...content as long as she didn't have to get on a ride.
She loved splashing around in the splash area though...it was really hot that day!
We thought Rylee would like the carousel because we were all on it together, but look how terrified she is...
Near the end we took her on the Flying Aces. Carson had Kambree in his lap and I had Rylee in mine. Rylee was really excited at first just playing with the rudder(?) on the plane and then the plane started moving and she sat back into me really fast. She was very rigid for half of the ride and then halfway through when we were really picking up speed she just slumped over all of the sudden in my lap. I wasn't sure if she had just fallen asleep or what she was doing. I tried to rouse her but she didn't move. After the ride I finally got her to sit back up and she had a dazed look on her face. I'm pretty sure she passed out! Haha, it was really funny! (Don't worry she was fine...:)A few weeks later Carson's grandparents and Aunt Audene came out from North Carolina for a funeral and they were able to stay with us for a night. We were lucky enough to get to spend a few days that week with them and we loved it! The girls loved it and I am glad they got to know these guys better because we don't make it out that way with the girls as much as we would like.
Rylee climbed right up on Grandpa Dawson's lap with a book right after he arrived to our house. I was surprised she warmed up to him so fast.
Kambree loved Audene! She liked her "nook" (IPad) too. Audene is great with kids and the girls really missed her when she had to go back. They stayed a few nights with Carson's uncle in Brigham City and Kambree was so disappointed when she found out they weren't having a sleep over at our house again. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of the group or with Grandma Dawson.
Every year the Beenfield side of the family gets together for a weekend up at Bear Lake. We stayed up St. Charles Canyon, right down from Minnetonka Cave, and we had the perfect campsite this year. The kids had a lot of fun running crazy through the camp and there was plenty of room for them to roam. Carson wasn't able to go on the trip with us because he had a test, but I had a lot of help from my parents and other family so thank you guys!
The kids played in the water all day long, literally. They loved it and it was the perfect depth. Rylee would conk out around 2 in the afternoon every day. It was nice to have a cuddle buddy for an hour because usually she will not cuddle with me.
We really missed Carson on this trip! We are going to make another trip up there in a few weeks so he can go with us this time. He just didn't want to miss out on swimming in the lake...:) Not! Really he just wanted to play volleyball and boccie ball. He HATES cold water.
So, it has been a fun summer and we still have a few more adventures to go! I will update those soon...hopefully. Carson is now done with class for the next week so we are taking advantage of his 1-1/2 week break and every day has been packed and will be until he starts school again. He has one more semester left! We have applied to PA schools and are just waiting to hear back now. If you haven't heard, we are expecting baby #3 in December! And it is another girl!! We are very excited and shocked that another girl is coming our way...but we love it!
6 comments:
oh my goodness how cute! your little girls look SO much alike! can't believe how much bigger your oldest is, the last time I saw you guys you didn't have two yet! hope all is well!
Love love love this long post. fun summer. we were sad Carson wasnt at bear lake.
Oh my goodness what a fun summer!!! I can't believe she may have passed out on the ride. You girls are so cute I just love both of them!!!! So glad I got to see you the other day!
Congratulations Camille! That is so exciting on the news of having another girl!! :)
I love this post. I was cracking up at your kids! I love the picture of Kambree at Lagoon. What a fun summer!
What a fun update. Your girls sure are cute. I especially love the pictures of Rylee with the pudding. Hopefully we can all get together sometime soon. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment