Thursday, July 24, 2008

North Carolina Trip

So I have never done this before, but I decided to try my hand at it and see how it goes! So there is not much to report at this point, but we did go to Durham, NC to visit Carson's family. It was a lot of fun! The first week we went to the Outer Banks, specifically Kitty Hawk, to spend some time at the beach. I love the beach! I had my very first experience parasailing and let me just say, you've got to try it, it's awesome! We got some good sun, some good waves, and some great crab legs, so it was a very successful trip! The next week we just kind of chilled in Durham and went to different places that me miss out in Utah..like Bojangles, Jersey Mikes, and Burlington Coat Factory, so basically food and clothes, it was the life!
That weekend we went down to Charlotte to see Carson's whole family. That was a lot of fun! The first night all the adults went to the temple and it was really cool. Then we decorated for his grandparent's 50th anniversary and had a pig pickin', ending the weekend with the whole family at sacrament and then meeting up again for bbq! The 50th party went really well and I think Carson's grandparents had a good time.
We ended the whole trip with Wet n' Wild and Carolina Ale House(they have amazing food). So it was a great trip and we will miss being out there for a year! I guess I'll post some pics now so you can see some of the stuff we did.





No comments: