Monday, March 30, 2009

Happenings

We have been busy and having fun these last couple of weeks. Two weekends ago Carson played in the Henefer Tournaments. These tournaments are famous worldwide (or at least with people that have ever lived in Henefer). The rules to being in this tournament are (1) you have to be done with High School (2) You have to have lived in Henefer - Carson lived there for 3 weeks and said a prayer in Sacrament Meeting so Hey - it counts! and (3) You do not have to have basketball experience and anybody from 18+ can play, I think the oldest player is in his 60's but he keeps coming back! So Carson really enjoyed that and his team took 3rd out of 8, and if I may brag for him a little bit he made 16 points in his last game! (and he thinks I just come to socialize :-) but I really do come to watch).
On another note, I started looking for a job in Medical Transcription the last few weeks, or at least an internship. My teacher was having trouble contacting the company that usually takes on the ATC students and I wasn't having much luck finding one on my own beyond scams. In the meantime I had to start back at my old job because my maternity leave was up. This is not a hard job by any means but it is hard to go back to this job when I worked so hard to finish school so I could do something else that is a little more interesting and hopefully makes a little bit more. Well, needless to say, I was getting a bit discouraged because not many people were hiring and then when they were they wanted people with at least 2 years experience, and then this last Friday my teacher emailed and let me know that a company out in Tennessee wants to start me on and online externship!! I get to start this week probably and I am so excited!! So I will keep you updated on that.
And of course, the updates with Kambree... She is six weeks old as of a few days ago and she is getting bigger! Her cheeks are way big and soo cute! I was asked in church yesterday if everything she eats goes to her stomach or if it just sits in her cheeks haha :-) Anyway, she is starting to smile and coo and she is very alert and observant. I love love love being a mom! She is such a cutie and I feel so blessed to have her in my home!
Kambree loves her swing and loves to sit in places where she can see what is going on around her. I do have one problem though, haha I can not figure out how to get her to bed ontime! Last night I got home at ten and figured I would put her right to bed after I fed her but...Kambree had her own ideas! Haha, she was wide awake until 12:30 despite my rocking her, putting her in her swing, and taking her to a dark room and laying her down. Any ideas anyone?? The past week she has been going to bed between 11:30 and 12:30 and I cannot do this everynight. So if you guys have any ideas let me know!

4 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

Cute little girl!! Sounds like things are working out. I will be in Utah on April 11th and then on April 17th-18th. Maybe I will get to stop by and see ya!

Jani said...

Yay I am so excited for your externship. That is great news. Big cheeks are the best. Cant wait to see you guys again and thanks again for doing the party the other week.

Nicole Leifson - Jensen said...

She is so dang cute! I LOVE those cheeks and can't wait to hold her again! As for the sleep issues, she is kind of young to get onto a good schedule but it's a good time to start trying. I have a few 'sleep books' that are really different from each other and very good. If you want to borrow them, stop by whenever and you're welcome to borrow them!

Havelah said...

Hey Camille! Kambree is adorable! And I haven't met her yet!
:-( we are all better here, so maybe one of these mondays or wednesdays I can steal the car and come see you! Just let me know when is good for you. If there is one thing I've learned from haing two girlies, it is that every baby is different and the sleep help that works for one might not work for another! But there are a lot of good books and tips, and I just expirement to find what works for my girls! Good luck and hang in there, the age Kambree is was the hardest for us with both Kyla and Naomi, but it doesn't last forever!! I love you tons!