Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Anniversary Date Night

(outside Mimi's cafe)
Our 2nd anniversary is this Friday. Carson's brother Laine is flying in tomorrow and staying for a little over a week so we figured we would do our date last Friday and then do something with Laine this Friday. So I was in charge of the date this year so we headed out to Mimi's Cafe in Layton where I had a seafood alfredo, and Carson had country shrimp, and for an appetizer we shared spinach artichoke dip. Way good! After that we were heading to the driving range (Carson's favorite), and we got pulled over. We were only on Antelope drive, having just barely left the restaraunt, so it wasn't a moving violation. This was the 3rd time in a week and a half that we got pulled over for our mirror and taillight. Since we already had a fix it ticket for each from the two previous pullovers they let us off with a reminder to get it fixed (which we did the next day). haha, anyway after our little rendevouz with the cop we headed once again to the driving range. After that we went to the mall and did a little shopping and then headed home to watch a movie together. It was a fun time and I wish we had a little bit more time together, but it was fun to enjoy that evening. It was probably the best date we have been on in a little while because it was just relaxing and we just went with the flow.

This is the cop behind us, it is hard to get a picture while being sneaky so just ignore my face please.

2 comments:

Havelah said...

Happy Anniversary! that just stinks when you get pulled over on a date. I am glad that you didn't get another ticket! I remember when Adam and I were on our way home from our wedding reception, and I was still in my tiara and everything, we got a speeding ticket. I always thought that was mean of him, it wasn't a very nice wedding present!! I love reading your blog and keeping up with what is new for your little familia!

DuncanAndCandice said...

Oh so fun, Happy Anniversary :) Wow you got pulled over for not having your mirrior, we have been driving our little red car for awhile and haven't got a ticket yet, but I know its coming I can feel it lol. I love your picture.
Your little family is so cute I love it :)