Monday, November 5, 2012

Grandpa Beenfield

This post is dedicated to my Grandpa John Wallace Beenfield.  After a hard battle with cancer he passed away on October 12, 2012.   His funeral was held on October 20, 2012 and it was a wonderful tribute to an incredible man!  

How do you describe my grandpa?  He was so funny, a kid at heart, a strong man, loyal, a great example as a husband and father, and so much more.  He was a policeman and detective in his career and I always enjoyed listening to his stories and reading his book.  He always had something funny to say or a new quote that he loved ("Deal or No Deal").  He loved to meet our dates and always doted on the new girls my brothers and cousins brought to meet him.  He and I shared similar taste in books and so he always had a book I could borrow.  There is so much I could say in tribute to my grandpa.  I love him and I am so grateful and blessed to have him as an example.  I am grateful for the knowledge that we will all be together again and that this is a temporary separation!

 The picture below is from when Kambree was born.
 Grandpa with Kambree at 3 months
 Grandpa with Rylee
 Christmas 2010

The funeral was a great tribute.  The speakers gave such an accurate description of my grandpa and it was fun to relive the memories and to learn more about him.  It was a hard day and very emotional for sure, but I felt and still feel incredibly blessed to have a wonderful family and wonderful grandparents to look up to.  My Uncle Steven and Sarah played a medley of hymns, Uncle Steven gave his life sketch, my Dad spoke, David gave memories from all the grand kids, my Aunt Julie and Uncle Steven played a duet and the bishop of his ward spoke also.   The graveside service was in Henefer (he was buried right next to his son, David).  They had an open mike for us all to speak some last words if we wished, and then my Dad gave the dedication of the grave.  It was a beautiful day!

The pictures below I stole from Jani.  I was so mad I forgot my camera!  
Below are all the great grandkids, minus Lucy and Claire



 My uncle is a mortician so he was able to help with all of the arrangements and did a great job with the funeral.


 At the graveside before the prayer my Dad played "O My Father" on his harmonica.  It was very touching and emotional.  




1 comment:

Sara Waldron said...

Your grandpa sounds like a great guy- I'm sorry for you that he passed away!
Also, Rylee as Richard Simmons is hilarious!