Friday, December 21, 2012

Kate has arrived!

Our cute little Kate was born yesterday, December 20, at 4:08 PM and weighed in at 8 lb 15 oz and 20.5 inches long.   Here's the scoop...

My due date was December 19th but she was taking her sweet time to come.  We decided to induce the next day so we could get her here before Christmas, and let's face it...I was getting pretty tired of being pregnant:)  The night before we induced my parents took the other girls so Carson and I made a date out of it and went to dinner and the Hobbit.  Anyway...we arrived to the hospital yesterday morning around 7:00 AM and they started the pitocin around 9 AM.  They gave me the epidural around 10:30 which was nice because I really didn't have to feel the labor pain.  Then we just waited.  I dozed a lot during the day and we watched a few movies on TV.  Around 1:30 PM Dr. Larsen came and broke my water.  The next two hours were kind of slow going but then it zoomed and I progressed really fast.  I was getting a lot of pain from going so fast so I pushed that lovely epidural button (I love anesthesia!) and by 4:08 PM she had arrived.  She was pretty mad about being out of her little incubator.  She ate immediately for 45 minutes and has eaten like a champ since.  She definitely fits into the family!  She is a doll and she reminds me of Kambree and Rylee in looks.  I love having a new baby and I am so grateful that I get to be a mother to these three little girls.  The girls haven't met her yet but they are excited to see her and I'm excited to see how they will react. We are so very blessed to have these beautiful girls and so blessed to have so many supportive family members and friends.  Thank you!  Love you all!  Merry Christmas!






5 comments:

Jani said...

I want to hold her again. Love her!

Marcizzle said...

She looks just like Kambree but we'll see what her hair looks like!

Sara Waldron said...

I'm so glad everything went so well. Congrats on another beautiful baby girl!

DuncanAndCandice said...

I haven't even told you yet... She is beautiful and I am so glad that everything went well...congrats!

Jason said...

Your hair is getting long! You look so pretty and you just pushed a baby out! Kate is so cute and I cannot wait to meet her! It sounds like it was a good labor. That is nice!! I love you and miss you guys!!! Congrats on another sweet girl.