Thursday, September 18, 2008

Baby Stuff! and more....

Every month on the second sunday we have a Family Home Evening with Carson's cousins. It is a lot of fun and they are great people to hang around with. So this past Sunday we went over there and had the lesson, the game, and a treat(by the way great cheesecake Jane!) As we were all packing up to leave Dave says that he has something to show us if we are interested. So he led us out front where there was a crib, a walker, and a swing! They gave them to us for free! i am so excited! The crib is white and a little bit old, but hey it will work! Carson's cousin Cory also has some things that we are going to buy from them (a swing, car seat and base, and a bouncer). So depending on which swing is cuter and more stable that is the one we will keep. I am just excited to actually start collecting things and getting ready.


A little update on us...this week has been pretty good, emotional(pregnancy hormones...blah, haha), but good. Carson is full fledge into school now going everynight except weekends. Last night we got to go through the temple with our good friend Matt(his first time) and that was a neat experience! In a week he and Kierstyn are getting married and Carson is a groomsmen and I am a bridesmaid(if I fit into the dress haha) so we are way excited for them!

I have learned so much this week and felt the Lord's hand in my life and I am so grateful for it! Sometimes it's hard to not be down on yourself but you know what, the Lord wants us to be happy and He has a plan, which if we take advantage of, we can be just that! There has been a lot to learn and I am just barely grasping it, but it is amazing how wonderful this gospel is and how blessed I am to be part of it. Satan is trying his best to get us down and to make us feel bad about ourselves or shoving things in our faces that we don't want to be a part of, but we have more power through the gospel than he will ever have, so we just have to keep trucking through without dwelling on those things that he throws at us and remember that there is a higher plan and that is where we recieve our peace and happiness!

So after that little spill those of you who read this are still here, thanks for everything you guys do! You are great! Have a great week and I will try to get some pictures on here so it is not so boring!

2 comments:

Jani said...

That is way cool you have family home evenings with family. Also that is way way way exciting that you got baby stuff too. I cant wait to see the little guy. You are pretty much half way done right. And almost done with school lucky... Im going to call you today.

Kristen and Adam said...

thats so good that they are giving you baby stuff. take as much of it as you can because babies are expensive. if you need anything just let us know and we will be glad to help.