This past weekend Carson and I had our "baby moon", only it was just a date and we didn't stay the night anywhere but it was still fun. We started it on Friday afternoon and went down to West Valley, Carson had heard of this little brazilian "bakery" and so we decided to try it out and get a snack. This place was really cool, it is just a small little hole in the wall, but the food is pretty good and unless you have someone with you that speaks Portuguese than good luck ordering, haha but thankfully Carson does so he really enjoyed it. They also have this little shop in the back of the restaraunt that sells all of these brazilian food items and souvenirs, pretty nifty little place. Carson ordered for us and got Cochinxas, a pastella, and guarana to drink (don't judge me on the spelling, I know I didn't get it right). The cochinxas are a fried ball of dough with this chicken mixture in the middle, they taste pretty good but are pretty heavy. My favorite was the pastella, it is two pieces of flat deep fried bread with cheese in the middle. It was so good! Like a glorified quesidilla!
After the bakery we went to The Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean! So Good! I highly suggest if you have a chance to get a ticket and have not seen the show that you do so! It was really fun, and Carson was suprised at how much he liked it. It brings in the spirit and sets the focus of Christmas more on Christ than the material side of it. It was awesome!
The last stop for the night was applebee's. We were still hungry and there had been quite a bit of time between the first stop for eats so I of course needed more nourishment, haha. Whenever we go out I love to go to eat and it takes a lot of thought to decide what exactly I'm in the mood for! haha, we don't go out very often but it was fun to have this night to just spend together, see an awesome production, and eat good food!
On Saturday night we had our ward christmas party. The theme was the Book of Mormon, so of course we had to dress up from that era. Carson didn't really get into that so me and my friend Tiffany decided that we would do it together instead. haha, we had fun throwing everything together and I don't know how authentic we looked(probably not even close) but it was fun! They had this really good enchilada, cornbread, and applecrisp for dessert(I guess trying to go South American), and it turned out really good.
So these are our costumes! haha I know they are stretching it a little (literally for me haha) but we had a good time. Also sorry for the cheesy grin but this is the only picture I had.
2 comments:
man I wish we could go to the forgotten carols. I really need a break from reality.
That is cute! I am glad you guys got to do that! :)
Post a Comment