Sunday, February 15, 2009

Kambree Joy

Carson did a great job posting on the last one but guys don't like to give a lot of details...haha at least my husband doesnt, so I thought I would follow up with my story and some more pictures. The contractions started on Tuesday night after a long walk with my cousin sadie at the mall. I came home and they were about 10 minutes apart so Carson and I stayed up till two in the morning hoping they would get closer, well they started getting farther so we finally decided to go to bed. On Wednesday morning when I woke up they were still coming but still pretty far apart, by nine they were about ten minutes apart which stayed that way until about 3:00 when they started eight minutes apart. We had some people over for the Duke vs. UNC game so we stuck around and waited to see if they would get closer. About the second half of the game my they started coming around 5 minutes apart. After the game was over and everyone left we packed up all our stuff and decided we better head over to the hospital. By the time we got there it they were 2-4 minutes apart and coming a little harder. Unfortunately when I they checked me I was at a three and so they made me walk the hall for an hour! Not fun! I had to stop every two minutes to wait out a contraction. When they checked me again at one I was at a four and told I was in true labor so they took me over to the delivery room. The nurse was just putting my IV in when my water broke and the contractions started coming harder. Luckily the anesthesiologist was there within twenty minutes after that. By the time I got my epidural it was about two thirty but can I just say how awesome those things are!! I don't know how I would do it without one...maybe I am just a wimp haha but epidurals are amazing! Kambree was born at 8:40 a.m. on February 12, and was 7 lb 9 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. She is so sweet and soo cute! We brought her home on February 14th in a cute little valentines outfit. It is so cool to have a baby in the home. It is amazing the spirit and peace that she brings with her. I love Carson and Kambree so much I don't know what I do without them. I am so blessed to have such a great little family. Carson is a good dad and helps me out a lot and Kambree, of course, loves her dad. Well she is waking up, which means she wants to eat soon so I better post my pics and go feed her. Thanks to everyone for all your support! It really does mean a lot to us and we are so blessed to have such great family and friends! Thank you!!!


This is the cute little valentines outfit that we got to bring her home in (compliments of my mom)

Haha, her hat is so funny cuz it is a little big on top
but at least it keeps her warm.
Already to come home




Right: Carson was teaching her all about basketball as we were waiting for the dr to discharge me.















Right: Right after she was born, our new little family!











Carson is so happy to be a dad!

My Dad took this picture and you can really tell the difference! I love it!

3 comments:

Jason and Tiff said...

She's so pretty! We wanted to come visit today after church but I thought I better stay away because I am still sick. I think Jason forgot though because it was his suggestion to come see you guys after. Hope you are doing good!! Love you.

Nicole Leifson - Jensen said...

CONGRATS! You two are so darling. I loved all of your details Camille, you looked too good to have just delivered your first baby. She is beautiful and I'm glad that things went smoothly.
Carson's entry was a crack-up...glad that you are a proud Dad, you have every reason to be.
We are so happy for you two, let us know if you need anything!

Kierstyn said...

I am so happy for you guys. Thanks for letting us visit and see the baby. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!

PS. GO UNC!