On March 2, I picked up Carson's Mom from the airport and she got to meet Kambree for the first time! We brought her back to our house where she stayed with us for a week. She also helped out a lot! She made us 7 freezer meals that each feed at least 4-6 people so we will have meals for two weeks! It will be very nice not to have to cook or buy groceries for a little while. Carson's Dad also flew in on Thursday of that week (it was a suprise visit, but I caught wind before he came, still cool though!). So Kambree was able to meet her Nana and Papa(those are the names they chose). It was a fun visit!

On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we just hung out around the house and did a little bit of grocery shopping and other odds and ends. Sherron cooked us all those meals which was very nice. Thursday we picked up Mike kind of late from the airport and then Carson had a meeting so we just talked a little and then went to bed. Friday, Carson had to work in the morning and then go to school in the afternoon so when he got home, he and his dad went and played 5 games of raquetball, and then came home and took us out to Texas Roadhouse, it was my first time and it was pretty good! Saturday Carson had a basketball game that went to (I will post on that later). Chris and Jean (Mike's cousin) came to watch too and then we all went out to dinner at Warrens, and then out to their house for Madagascar 2 (which was actually pretty funny) and banana splits. Sunday morning, megan and aaron(old roomate and her husband) came and stopped by for about an hour, then we had Carson's birthday dinner (later post) and Danti and Moroni (Carson's cousin and husband) came and ate with us and visited. The Cottams (The Close family's friends from NC who now live in UT) came to visit us that day to meet up with Carson's parents and see the baby. Right after they left we packed up our stuff and headed over to a family party on Mike's side for some cake and ice cream, we chatted for a while then it was time to take off to an FHE (this time on Sherron's side) and we ended up staying there from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. It was a very crazy day! But I have to say it was SOO nice to get out of the house and feel like a normal person again. Monday afternoon I took the parent's back to the airport and we were very sad to see them go, and I know they were sad to leave too. It is not fun to be away from family (especially when there is a new and first grandbaby)! I know Carson really loved having them here and I did too! Thanks for all of your help!!
1 comment:
Hey, Your lucky, no cooking since you had Kambree right?! Man, that would be great. Im glad you had a good time with them. I need to see that sweet little baby again. We missed you at the prom
Post a Comment