Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Saving Money

I love the little flower clips that you put on the headbands and how they are interchangable, but everytime I go to Quilted Bear or any other boutique, they are about 4 bucks a pop, so...I decided it was high time I learned how to make them on my own. It is amazing how easy they are, and it's fun too! So I went to Wal-Mart and found the scrap flowers in this little box at the bottom of the eisle and asked the checker how much, she had no idea what to do so she gave them to me for FREE! Can't ask for better than that. Then I went to DI, I have never thought to look at flowers there but I was there so why not. I only found one that I really liked and it was just laying on the ground, just one little flower without a middle. Again, the checker gave it to me for free! Me and a friend got together and picked up supplies at Michaels, and Sally's Beauty Supply and got to work on these flowers and here are our results:




Sorry about the lighting on some of the pictures...but that is as good as it gets. The yellow, green, and orange bigger flowers are lais that we cut up and used for the backing on the floewr, the polka dot flowers and some of the bottom ones are scrapbook flowers so they may not last as long but I like the look so I will get what I can out of them. I figured out what would have cost me over $100 at Quilted Bear cost me about $15, so I would call it success!

No comments: