Thursday, December 16, 2010

2-week checkup, christmas, and great-grandparents

I took Rylee in for her 2-week checkup on Tuesday. She is doing great!

Height: 21 inches (75%)
Weight 10 lbs (90%)
Head: 37 cm (75%)

I decided to brave taking the two girls at once. I took Kambree in the umbrella stroller and carried Rylee's carseat, it went pretty well minus the stroller is a little hard to control with 1 hand so we may or may not have ran into a few walls - haha.

Below: Kambree was tired of waiting and when I would try to talk to her in the dr. office she would hide her face from me in the stroller.


above: Not the cutest picture, but I had to get at least one from the dr. office and this shows her weight at exactly 10 lbs (what a cute little chunk)
We finally got our Christmas tree set up. We inherited a fake tree from my grandparents...this is the first year I have not had a real tree in my whole life and I miss the smell of the real tree! But it is nice not to have to wonder what to do with the tree after Christmas. This year it was fun because Kambree was more involved and actually helped hang the ornaments. The tree is cuter than this pic makes it out to be, haha but probably not by much.

We used all of my childhood ornaments this year instead of a theme.




above: Carson's Grandma and Grandpa Dawson, and the one above that they are with Kambree in April 2010.
My girls are blessed to have 6 great-grandparents still with us! Rylee has not met Grandma and Grandpa Dawson yet, but hopefully we can make that happen either this spring or else next Christmas. I just had to add some pictures for my journaling purposes because I know that these pictures are special!
above: Great-Grandpa Dearden reading a story to Kambree

above: Great-Grandpa Beenfield with Rylee

above: Great-Grandma Dearden with Rylee
below: Great-Grandma Beenfield with Rylee


above: Great-Grandpa Dearden with Rylee
We are very blessed to have the family we do and I hope you all know how grateful we are for your support! Thank you! We wish we could be near everybody, especially at times like these!

3 comments:

DuncanAndCandice said...

She is growing like a flower. I can't believe she is already 10 pound, and she is so cute and cubby! I love the tree thats how ours looks this year all fun ornaments which is so much cooler! Cute post :)

Jani said...

Hey, we have all of the same ornaments. I love it. I am going to start Lincoln's and Wills collection this year. Forgot last year. Oh well. Better late then never. I love all of the pictures with your girls and the greats. Good post!!

Marcizzle said...

Running Kambree into the walls is nothing new hahahha I need to come and visit.