Monday, February 27, 2012

Look who's three!

Kambree turned 3 years old on February 12th. She was very excited for her birthday this year. She was excited for presents. We had the ones we wanted to give her picked out and bought at least a month before (I guess I was a little excited too). She was so excited to have a cake and blow the candles out on it. That's all she talked about when you asked her about her birthday. I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and she told me it should be a present. She then said it should look like Gabriella or Sid the Science Kid (on PBS), blah. I showed her some of the cupcake ideas I had seen on pinterest and she liked the owl cupcakes so that is what we made (plus they were easy for me to make). We had my parents, brothers and my grandpa and grandma Dearden over for dinner and cake and ice cream. It was a fun night for Kambree! The next day was Collin's birthday and she kept saying, "No, it's not Collin's birthday, it's my nother birthday." She finally got the idea of taking turns for birthdays and now anytime anyone asks her about her birthday she says, "No, it's not my birthday, it's Collin's birthday."
This is a package we received in the mail today from Nana and Papa and the uncles. She was so excited to get a package and we opened it first thing this morning. Thanks guys! She is wearing her new jacket today.

A friend of mine made this for Kambree for her birthday. She loves her apron! She likes to help me in the kitchen and ever since she made sugar cookies at Nana's in North Carolina she always has to have an apron, so this was the perfect gift.
Carson was on gift patrol.
The birthday girl!
David and Will

Uncle Thomas
My parents
Aaron and Rachel
These were the presents from me and Carson. I forgot to get a picture of her with her presents after they were already opened, but she got an Aquadoodle mat from us and a big play-doh set. She loves them and it was perfect for her age. She also got a shirt from us and some cute clothes, books, and a little kitty bank from my family.
These are the owl cupcakes that I made, if you look close you can see the ones Carson decorated.
We did a little interview with Kambree to ask her some of her favorites. We are going to try and do this every year from three up to see the different answers she comes up with. Here is the list of questions with Kambree's answers:
1. What is your favorite color? Blue.
2. What is your favorite toy? Cups
3. What is your favorite fruit? Blueberries (I don't know if she has even ever had one, haha)
4. What is your favorite tv show? Hospital show (She must take after me and Carson)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Oatmeal
6. What is your favorite outfit? A dress
7. What is your favorite game? Toy story
8. What is your favorite snack? Crackers
9. What is your favorite animal? A giraffe (a tall one)
10. What is your favorite song? I am a Child of God
11. What is your favorite book? The Cranky Bear
12. Who is your best friend? A deer
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Go to the park
15. What is your favorite drink? Water
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My blankie
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cheerios
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? A cookie
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A princess

We love you Kambree!

3 comments:

Sara Waldron said...

Crazy- she looks so old! Our kids are growing too fast. But she's super cute, and I love the answers to her questions, especially that her best friend is a deer. :) And I also love Rylee's curly hair.

DuncanAndCandice said...

i cant believe you have a three year old... She is growing up so fast... I want to be a princess when I grow up too. I loved the questions CUTE!!!

amy kathleen said...

Camille! I love your blog! your girls are adorable! :)