Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Alabama Landscape

Wow, going through my pictures I am realizing how really bad I am at pictures...oh well.  You get what you get I guess:) We left Ogden 4 weeks ago today.  We packed everything up that Monday and cleaned until 2 AM, then Tuesday headed to Henefer.  Wednesday morning, bright and early, we drove across I-80.  We had a small hitch in Nebraska when we had to get a new alternator for the van.  Very scary, but thankfully we weren't stranded on the highway with three kids.  We stayed in Nebraska the first night and then went on to my Aunt Sue's the next day.  We stayed at her house for two nights.  She was an awesome hostess!  It was nice to have a few days to unwind from driving.   We left Saturday morning and drove south.  We stopped in St. Louis at the zoo.  It was awesome and free!  We stayed in Tennessee that night where they had flash flood warnings.  Sunday we drove down through Mississippi and arrived in Mobile, Alabama that night.   We are enjoying it here.  We have found some really fun parks for the kids and we found a boardwalk the other day where you can often see alligators.  Unfortunately, my camera battery died right before we saw the gators - but I will go back.   We have also met some really great people so far.  It is nice being in PA school because we have a built in support group through Carson's class.  Also, the church here has some really nice people too, of course.  We are still in the transition phase but so far I think we are going to like it.
This is our small backyard which is enclosed so it's great for the kids.
Kambree playing at the park in the apartment comlex.  She was hiding from the camera.

There are a lot of bridges here dad, you would love it.
One of the many marinas here along the bay.
The landscape around a river that runs into the bay.
More of the same.
Just a random picture.  I let the kids play with some water.  Just trying to keep them busy!  That's Rylee's  "humid" hair, but it hasn't been too bad yet.
Kambree's hair on the other hand, has gotten out of control.  I think it is harder to do her hair than Rylee's hair with the humidity.
Kate just watching the girls from inside the cool, shaded house.
Another cute picture of this little 5-month-old (I can't believe it!).
Rylee loves to explore the ground.
This not my building but it is what the townhomes look like just to give you an idea.
Rylee LOVES Kate (picture Rylee saying that in a really high-pitched Rylee voice).
This is downtown Mobile right before you go through the tunnel pictured below that runs under Mobile River and then takes you up onto a bridge for eight miles across the bay.

USS Alabama, this is a WWII ship.  My goal is to tour it while I'm down here sometime.

1 comment:

Aaron and Megan said...

You made it to Alabama!! All of your pictures remind me of when we lived on the other side of the bay! I miss it!! Keep posting pictures of where you go and what you do!
FYI: I would tour the USS Alabama soon or wait till the fall. It gets hot and humid and there is no AC on the ship. We toured it in July/August and I thought I was going to melt! We went again in November and it was much more pleasant!