Carson got three weeks of school break in August. We were so excited to have him around again! We started it off with a lunch date to celebrate while some friends of ours watched the girls. When I came to pick them up they were playing dress-up. Rylee was very upset that she had to give the dress back. I had to peel it off her while she was kicking and screaming.
 |
| This was before the freak out :) |
Early the next morning we headed out of Mobile to drive up to Charlotte, NC. Below is the sunset as we were going over the bridge on the way out of town. It was gorgeous!
We spent the next two days in Charlotte with Carson's grandparents and aunts, uncles, and cousins. We were able to go to his cousin, Johnny's, eagle court of honor and introduce Kate to a lot of family. The girls loved all the time with the family. They got a lot of attention. :)
Aunt Susan was kind enough to give Kambree a much-needed haircut. Kambree did a great job sitting still and the end result was great. It helped tame her wild hair. Though, now she thinks she needs another haircut because it is starting to grow again, so the other day she decided to cut some of her hair along with Rylee's hair... luckily it was just a few pieces.
We also went over to Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Dan's house to see the alpaca farm. We jumped in the pen with them and fed them out of our hands. Kambree would get in only if I held her and Rylee wouldn't go near them.
 |
| Kambree got brave and fed them out of her hand too. |
Grandma Dawson gave us some legos to bring home. Rylee loves to build things so this was the perfect thing to keep her occupied for a few minutes.
 |
| Notice her cute headband that the cousin's found for her:) |
The next stop for us was Sunset Beach. Carson's parents rented a condo for the week! The girls had fun with all the uncles and Nana and Papa.
 |
| There was a pond on the golf course near the condo. Carson and I saw this on one of our walks. There was no zoom on this picture...it was a little chilling. |
 |
| The girls are best friends. Don't worry, they still have pretty good fights too, but they are getting to the age where they play pretty well too. I caught this while they were watching a movie together. Whenever they see each other after primary they run to each other and give a big hug. It's pretty cute. |
We took a day and drove over to Myrtle Beach while we were down that way. We went to Ripley's Aquarium. They had some really cool shark tanks. My pictures didn't turn out great but here are a few...
 |
| The girls were outside talking and eating popsicles together and I thought it was so cute. It made me wish I had a sister. |
One night we took some flashlights out onto the beach and looked for crabs. We only found a few but it was fun entertainment and the weather was perfect for it.
 |
| I can't ever get Carson to take a serious pictures... |
 |
| Funny man. |
 |
| Sherron got glow sticks to put on the kids so we could keep track of them at all times...good plan! |
We then headed up to Durham for the next week and a half to spend time with the family and Logan before he headed on his mission.
 |
| On the way to Durham...Kambree was wiped out after the beach. |
We had a lot of hang-out time in Durham. We took some walks around the loop, went to the Eno River State Park, ate sushi, went to Pelican's Snowballs, attended Logan's
missionary open house and farewell, and spent a lot of time just hanging out with family. It was a fun time and nice to have some downtime. The family was very helpful with the girls and they loved being around everybody.
 |
| Apparently I didn't get the funny face memo. |
 |
| Logan's send off at the airport. |
 |
| We had someone take our family picture at the airport, but for some reason he took it in two pictures instead of a wide view. Oh well:) |
 |
| Family Picture part two, I think it's hillarious that Kambree is holding Collin's eyes shut. |
4 comments:
Camille you look great! Looks like your family had a wonderful time this month! You make me miss living in the South. You still need to vacation for a weekend to Pensacola!!
Awww Camille, your girls are so cute and Rylee is SO tan! Holy cow. I can't believe those chubby little legs on Kate. And Kambree's hair looks great! Was this her first adventure cutting her own hair? (and Rylee's) We can't wait to see you guys. We miss your family! I hope we can maybe visit next summer :) that would be so awesome.
I am missing you so bad. Wish you were here in Utah. Your girls are so darn cute. I love that picture of them being held up in the air and sitting together on the couch. I love that they are good friends. The trip looks fun and so glad that you got Carson for 3 weeks. We miss you guys!
From Jani
Post a Comment