Saturday, January 4, 2014

Kate's 1st Birthday

On Kate's birthday, December 20, we were traveling so we had the celebration on the Sunday before Christmas.  We just did a small celebration with a couple presents and cake and ice cream.  We did a smash cake for her, which she was not into at all.  She was mad and didn't really want to do it and then was nervous because everybody was crowded around her.  She finally stuck both fists in but didn't really put any in her mouth and wanted out of there after that.  Unfortunately, I only got video and I can't get it to upload.  So enjoy the few pictures I have...

She's been pulling this face lately and I think it's so funny.
She wasn't sure how to open it so she went with her natural instinct.

Finally reinforcements were called in.
Playing with her new toys.
Lately, her little personality is really coming out.  She is so funny and sweet.  She's not walking quite yet, but that's just fine with us.  She is still pretty mobile and so chatty.  She is semi-picky with her food.  She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to make her opinion known (we may have a little Rylee on our hands).  She is a mommy's girl for sure and likes to play coy with people.  She is a sweetheart and I'm so happy she is part of our family!

1 comment:

Jani said...

Cutie. So sad that I dont really know her.